Published quarterly by Ontario Nature, ON Nature brings readers closer to nature by exploring Ontario’s natural areas and wildlife and providing insight into environmental issues.
The magazine features stunning photography and in-depth articles by nature specialists. ON Nature explores Ontario’s wild species and spaces, while offering insight on:
- Breaking conservation and science news
- Environmental issues
- Outdoor recreation
- Natural history
Ontario Nature, a leading environmental charity, publishes ON Nature magazine.
Ontario Nature protects wild species and wild spaces through conservation, education and public engagement. If you enjoy the magazine, be sure to read about the organization behind it at ontarionature.org.
- Editor: John Hassell, 416-444-8419 ext.269, email@example.com
- Art Director Levi Nicholson
- Contributing Editor Joanna Pachner
- Associate Editor Lisa Richardson
- Copy Editor Sarah Weber
- Editorial Assistant Melina Damian
- Proofreaders Allan Britnell, Noah Cole, Ron Corkum
- Advertising Jeff Yamaguchi, 416-508-2382, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Finalist for Short Feature Writing, 2019 National Magazine Awards, “Blinded by the light” by Patricia Hluchy
- Finalist for Short Feature Writing, 2018 National Magazine Awards, “Blinded by the light” by Ray Ford
- Silver for Short Feature Writing, 2017 National Magazine Awards, “The cutting edge” by Ray Ford
- Gold for Photography and Illustration, 2016 Applied Arts, “In the muck with mudpuppies” by Jessica Deeks
- Finalist for Science Technology & the Environment, 2016 National Magazine Awards,”Oil and water” by Conor Mihell
Our publication has had different names over the years.
- ON Nature: 2004 – present
- Seasons: 1980 – 2004
- Ontario Naturalist: 1963 – 1979
- Bulletin: 1951 – 1962
- Circular: 1932 – 1951
Looking for more contact information or details on writing and photography guidelines? View our Contact Us section.