Published quarterly by Ontario Nature, ON Nature brings readers closer to nature by exploring Ontario’s natural areas and wildlife and providing insight into environmental issues.
The magazine features stunning photography and in-depth articles by nature specialists. ON Nature explores Ontario’s wild species and spaces, while offering insight on:
- Breaking conservation and science news
- Environmental issues
- Outdoor recreation
- Natural history
- And much more!
Ontario Nature, a leading environmental charity, publishes ON Nature magazine.
Ontario Nature protects wild species and wild spaces through conservation, education and public engagement. We are the voice for nature it Ontario, and there whenever and wherever nature needs us most.
If you enjoy the magazine, be sure to read about the organization behind it at ontarionature.org.
- Editor: John Hassell, 416-444-8419 ext. 269, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Art Director Levi Nicholson
- Contributing Editor Joanna Pachner
- Associate Editor Lisa Richardson
- Copy Editor Sarah Weber
- Proofreaders Allan Britnell, Noah Cole, Ron Corkum, Melina Damian
- Advertising Jeff Yamaguchi, 416-508-2382, email@example.com
ON Nature’s contributors include award-winning journalists and photographers, and experienced conservationists. It has a sterling reputation as an authority on environmental issues.
- Finalist for Short Feature Writing, 2019 National Magazine Awards, “Blinded by the light” by Patricia Hluchy
- Finalist for Short Feature Writing, 2018 National Magazine Awards, “Blinded by the light” by Ray Ford
- Silver for Short Feature Writing, 2017 National Magazine Awards, “The cutting edge” by Ray Ford
- Gold for Photography and Illustration, 2016 Applied Arts, “In the muck with mudpuppies” by Jessica Deeks
- Finalist for Science Technology & the Environment, 2016 National Magazine Awards,”Oil and water” by Conor Mihell
ON Nature is published quarterly. You can read digital versions of back issues anytime.
- Spring issue published on March 12, 2021
- Summer issue published on June 11, 2021
- Fall issue published on September 10, 2021
- Winter issue published on December 3, 2021
Ontario Nature’s publication has had different names and forms over the years.
- ON Nature: 2004 – present
- Seasons: 1980 – 2004
- Ontario Naturalist: 1963 – 1979
- Bulletin: 1951 – 1962
- Circular: 1932 – 1951
You can find contact information, and writing and photography guidelines on our our Contact Us webpage.
The magazine is a tool to increase public awareness about environmental issues and connect readers with nature. The overarching purpose is to inspire people to advocate for and act on behalf of nature.
The magazine engages readers with what really matters to them: penetrating analysis of environmental issues, vivid profiles of prominent naturalists and breaking conservation news that is not covered by any other media.
Subscribe to ON Nature / Join Ontario Nature
Subscribe to ON Nature magazine to receive a hard copy of each issue delivered right to your door. An annual subscription is $50. If you are a senior citizen (65+) or a student, you can subscribe for a discounted rate of $40.
Not only will you receive the award-winning quarterly magazine, you will also become a member of Ontario Nature. This means your tax-deductible subscription will help protect Ontario’s diverse natural habitats, sensitive ecosystems and wildlife.
Explore Ontario’s wild species and wild spaces with us. ON Nature magazine brings readers closer to nature.
- Award-winning writing and photography
- Breaking conservation news
- Gripping natural history