214 King Street West, Suite 612 | Toronto ON M5H 3S6
416-444-8419 | Toll-free: 1-800-440-2366 email@example.com
John Hassell | 416-444-8419 ext. 269 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Jeff Yamaguchi | 416-508-2382 | Fax: 905-454-9671 email@example.com
Please do not visit our office at this time. Our staff are working from home to facilitate social distancing.
We do not anticipate interruptions to our services, though there may be slight delays. You can still contact us by phone or email.
We are closely monitoring the rapidly evolving situation to keep our staff and wider community safe, and to do our part to help flatten the curve of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Content: We publish feature articles on all aspects of natural history, conservation and the environment in Ontario: stories about plants and animals, wildlife research, parks and wilderness areas, and environmental issues. ON Nature also runs profiles of Ontarians who are involved in conservation. We run first-person accounts of wilderness adventures. We also run articles on environmental concerns unique to urban areas. We rarely accept articles with a national or an international scope, or book reviews. We do not publish poetry or fiction.
- Rights: First Canadian serial rights.
- Presentation: We’re looking for tightly focused articles that offer an interesting theme and a fresh outlook. Stories should contain in-depth information presented in a lively and accessible style.
- Sample Copy: Please be familiar with the magazine before submitting ideas. To obtain a sample copy send a cheque or money order for $9.49 payable to Ontario Nature, with your request for a back issue. This price includes cost of the magazine, postage and handling and taxes.
- Payment: Our rates compare to trade magazines. Payment is 30-days after acceptance.
- Proposals: Make queries by emailing the editor, John Hassell.
Letters to the Editor
We enjoy hearing from ON Nature readers. Please send letters by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail c/o Editor, and include your full name, address and phone number.
Letters may be edited for length and clarity.
Letters should be 75 words or less and may be published on the website and/or in the printed magazine.
We publish a full range of articles about wildlife, parks, wilderness areas, environment issues, and nature-related activities. Most of our articles are purchased from freelance writers and are illustrated from freelance photographers’ stock.
For the most part, photos only of Ontario species and locations are relevant.
We use digital images submitted to email@example.com. For reproduction purposes, digital images should be a high resolution (300 dpi).
We will not knowingly publish any photo obtained by the harassment of wildlife, or by the destructive grooming or pruning of habitat.
How to Submit: To be considered to receive our photo want list for each issue, please send a selection of your work – including a stock list if you have one. Email your submission to Noah Cole at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please label all photos with your name and the subject matter.
Inquiries: John Hassell, Editor email@example.com.